The securities market is regulated by:
- The Civil Code of the Azerbaijan Republic;
- Presidential Decree “On Providing the Activity of State Committee for Securities of the Azerbaijan Republic”;
- Presidential Decree “About the confirmation of the rules for the State Committee for Securities of the Azerbaijan Republic and the structure of the Committee“;
- Law of the Azerbaijan Republic “About the protection of the rights of investors in the securities market“;
- Law of the Azerbaijan Republic “About investment funds” and other legal regulation on securities.
Baku Stock Exchange is the main stock exchange in the Republic of Azerbaijan. At present Baku Stock Exchange has 18 shareholders and 14 members as banks.
Central depository, registrar and clearing activities in the state property is accomplished by the “National Depository Center”, which is under the subordination of the State Securities Committee of Azerbaijan Republic.